Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Comments for Liz and Maverick: Louis Armstrong, or just "Satchmo"

For your comments on Presentations, consider two things:

1) Write about something well done.  What did you learn from this group?  What part of the Presentation seemed the best?

2) Offer a constructive criticism that would help this group.  What might have been more clear?  What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?

Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

12 comments:

  1. 1. Very great presentation and awesome pictures!
    2. Would have liked to know more about his time NOLA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Something new I learned was how he actually began the trumpet playing, in the juvenile hall which was a really cool piece of info.
    2. Speaking with the music in the background was a little distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I learned that he was the start of jazz music. I never knew much about him before, so I found this presentation to be very informal and quite interesting. I never gave jazz music much thought but I think I will start listening to it.
    2. Maybe you could have not played music in the background, it was a bit distracting and hard to concentrate on your speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Good and clear main points
    2. A bit too many uses of the word "like"

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of great facts and i really liked how they played a wonderful life. The word like was used to much and i also couldnt hear them very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I really liked the pictures you chose of Louis Armstrong. I learned that he learned to play the trumpet in a juvenile detention center which I thought was an interesting fact.
    2. I felt the music playing in the background made it hard to hear and concentrate on what was being said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. I really liked this presentation. It gave us insight on who he is and why Jazz is so important to American culture.
    2. You could maybe work on less looking at the screen for information but it was not a serious issue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1). I really liked how easy your presentation was to follow and that you really exemplified how iconic he was to jazz music. I learned that he had the nickname of "Satchmo".
    2). You both could have maybe referenced the powerpoint less, but you still did a great job getting the information across.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I loved the examples and quotes you used. I also liked the music in the background! I thought it was different and added to your presentation!
    2. You mentioned Louis Armstrong had only spoken out once regarding civil rights and I wondered if being an american american made it difficult to become so legendary and how he was able to overcome those obstacles if present.

    Overall great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. I liked your use of videos to show his famous songs and performances. I didn't know he was so down to earth, only living in middle-class neighboorhoods when income wise he was upper class.
    2. Playing the music while presenting was a little distracting and interrupted the presentation when you had to switch screens to turn it off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. The video was nice to see his talent and thought the best part was talking about his upbringing into jazz.
    2. I would have liked to hear about how race would have been a challenge for him and how he may have had an impact being a leader in jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. I really liked the presentation, I have always liked his music. However, I have never known much about him. I found it interesting how he we introduced into the world of music.
    2. Having more information about his influence, thoughts or views on the civil rights at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.