I chose the profile "Joseph Sledge, wrongly imprisoned for decades, now free" by CNN. Joseph Sledge a now 70 year old man was incarcerated for 37 years in North Carolina was recently found innocent after DNA evidence excluded him as a suspect. This profile impacted me because it made me think about how many people have been and are serving time after being wrongly convicted of a crime. Joseph Sledge spent more than half his life behind bars and when he was freed he still showed compassion for the victims families of the two women he was previously convicted of murdering.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/23/us/man-free-after-jailed-for-half-his-life/
| Joseph Sledge age 70 after being released from prison. |
I was about to do the same profile until I saw your post haha! The story of Joseph Sledge is sad, inspirational, and simply amazing.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your thoughts on the picture purpose in profiles (alliteration!). That was a really interesting profile to read, and quite amazing!
ReplyDelete